Wednesday 24 November 2010

Movember Motivation

New to our Sponsors "On-a-roll":
Philip Sager
Renee Tseng
Thank you for your sponsorship.

Why We Do This

Greg Weinstein
Wayne Hudson made me aware of the Movember GE Network that I joined yesterday. The person who started that Movember network is an Australian by the name of Greg Weinstein. I had a look at Greg's Movember blog page. He has so far raised the Canadian equivalent of $1,828 and his team of GE employees, GE MOlunteers, have so far raised $8,108. Greg's motivation is rather inspiring.
"Four years ago I lost a good friend to testicular cancer. Last year another friend was diagnosed but early enough and he beat it! Testicular cancer is the most common cancer in men aged 18-39 and is highly curable when found early and treated promptly. I've been Mo'ing for 6 years because getting men thinking and talking about health ultimately saves lives!"

So, I thought it is time to share my own motivation which you can also read on my Movember blog page.
"I have a small, slow growing cancer of the prostate which has spawned a desire for a cure and sparked my awareness of the need for men to be better informed about prostate cancer."

Photo Gallery

James "The Enforcer" Demarco
Jonathan Sam - Dr Mo
Wayne Hudson - Serious "Trucker"
Let's try again

No comments: