Friday 5 November 2010

Mo Stashed Hairiers Break First Ton for Movember 2010

Let off the fireworks - today our Movember sponsorship exceeded a thousand dollars. Congratulations all round. Let us acknowledge and thank our latest sponsors:
Aisling O'Gorman
Darryl Sam
Johnny Rodgers
Helen Xu
Jodi Vezina
Patrick Ford
Wayne Hargrave


The James Demarco Secret Technique Revealed.

James 5 Nov 2008
I present to you my take on an interaction between Jimmy and a "targeted" sponsor. I cannot imagine how else he does it. I would love to be a fly on the wall to be able to learn from The Master while he performs his magical artistry.


 
James: Hey Franco, good buddy. What's going on?

Franco: Hey Jimmie! What's wrong with your face? Oh! Are you growing a stash?

James: Sure am, Franco. Actually it's a special mo-stash.

Franco: Special? Why's it special, Jimbo?

James: It makes money. heh-heh-heh

Franco: Yeah, right!

James: Franco, haven't you heard of Movember? Where have you been for the last four years?

Franco: Oh wait. Is that the thing with George Parros? But he shaved his mustash off, didn't he?

James: Right. And lots of people are going to pay him lots of money to grow it back again. Same with me.

Franco: Say what?

James: During Movember (the month formerly known as November) I'm growing a Moustache to raise money for Prostate Cancer. That's right - I'm bringing the "Mo" back because I'm passionate about tackling the fight against prostate cancer and being proactive to men's health issues. If you can find it in your heart to donate anything at all - $1,5,10, 20. THANK YOU !!! I'll take it.

Franco: Well I don't know. So what do you do with the money, Jimmie?

James: We give it to Prostate Cancer Canada. They give it to medical scientists to find a cure for prostate cancer.

Franco: Well, that's nice Jimmie, but I don't think so.

James: Say what?

Franco: I need to think about it, Jimmie.

James: You didn't hear me, Franco. It's not about thinking, it's about the heart. If you can find it in your heart to donate anything at all - $1,5,10, 20. THANK YOU !!! I'll take it.

Franco: Well, maybe...

James: So I'll put you down for $34?

Franco: Huh?

James: One plus five plus ten plus twenty. That's $34.

Franco: Thirty-six.

James: Even better. Why don't we just make it a round fifty?

Franco: Around fifty?

James: You're a good man, Franco. Your mother always said you had a big heart. You carry on serving that customer, I'll just take it out the till and send you a tax receipt.

Franco: Mumble, grumble.

James: Ciao.
(Sotto voce: I told you it makes money. heh-heh-heh)

No comments: