Wednesday 25 November 2015

Just a Whisker under Three Grand

We are just $5 short of $3,000 at the time of going to press. What impresses me even more is the number of donors who have supported the Mo Stashed Hairiers so far this year - 47 and counting. That is counting Anonymous as one donor but I know that we have had more than one anonymous donation. A big thank you to all of you, our donors and supporters.

At least three of our donors are themselves cancer survivors - two with prostate cancer. One wrote to me recently after I approached him about Movember. He gave me permission to publish a portion of his email anonymously:

Thanks for asking about my health. I'm glad to report that I am doing fine and recently went back to work again after a break of almost 2.5 years!
My MRI reviews have been stable with no new growth, and now my scans are every 4 months. I still do get tired some days.
I'm quite optimistic that I will beat this and have made many changes in my life to back me up and boost my arsenal of weapons to attack! Daily yoga, meditation, exercise and healthy eating are a normal part of my life now.

Thanks to advances in medical science and technology another of our cancer survivors received a new bladder formed from part of his bowel. Movember is a huge enabler of the kind of medical research needed to make these breakthroughs. All the small donations together add up to the millions of dollars that it takes. Thank you.

And now, on a lighter note, here is Matt on Day 25 singing the national anthem.

Matt - Day 25

2 comments:

Matt Penfold said...

Oh Canada, baby! $5 more and we break $3k earned. Onward and upward.

Matt Penfold said...

... $3k earned for a very worthy cause!