Monday 17 November 2014

Celebrate with me

In August this year I reached the milestone of being 2 years cancer free after having my prostate removed in 2012. In practical terms that means I only have to visit my urologist every 12 months instead of twice a year, but psychologically the impact on me is out of all proportion to the physical impact. I am indeed grateful for living in this age of modern medicine, being able to benefit from the huge advances in medical technology that have been made possible by medical research.

Mo Bro Terry
You can understand, then, why I am such a passionate supporter of Movember and the support it provides for prostate and testicular cancer research. I fully appreciate that there are many worthy causes competing for our limited dollars. If you do have something to spare, please choose a team member of your fancy in the panel on the right, click on the name to go to his Movember page, sponsor a donation which, of course, is tax deductible to Canadians, and celebrate with us the new lease of life your donation, with thousands of others, is offering to men who will be diagnosed in the future with prostate or testicular cancer.

No comments: